Saturday, June 26, 2010

Team Ultimate Westie!





Tomorrow my hubby, Little E, myself, my sister, mom and Wilkie (the Ultimate Westie) are walking in the Winnipeg Humane Society Paws In Motion fundraiser. We walked it last year while I was pregnant and this year I am so excited that Little E is able to come along.

I had been dying to try freezer paper stenciling on a t-shirt and this was the perfect occasion for it. Hence the very first Team Ultimate Westie shirt for Little E. After several attempts at tracing a stencil (and having my husband remark they looked like cats), I referred to the book "Good Boy Fergus" for inspiration and found my muse. I even got Wilkie's bitey parts onto the stencil!

The shirt is drying now. I couldn't wait to see if it turned out and took the stencil off while wet (I would advise not to do this!). Here are some pics!

5 comments:

  1. looks good- Reb- wilkie approves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Red/Rebecca! Got your comment on my ocd website and wanted to contact you. I see you are from Winnipeg as well- do I know you?

    Kristie

    (p.s. love the westie shirt, btw!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, now I have scolled down further and seen your picture and know who you are (duh, should have thought of that). How are you? Your little guy is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I hope that you had a great time at the walk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had a great time at the walk. We were a motley looking crew - my sister is 9 months pregnant, my mom has arthritis in her hips but other than that we did the 3 km like a breeze! Team Ultimate Westie raised $160 for the Winnipeg Humane Society!

    @ Kristie - what a fluke that I saw your comment on a post on MADE! Small world! Love your stuff on your blog! We are great!

    ReplyDelete