Sunday, January 2, 2011

Lego Crayons

These were part of the party favours for Junior Jay's first birthday. I melted down crayons and poured the hot wax into silicone molds that I found online. I put the molds in the freezer for 15 minutes and then the crayons popped right out. I followed this tutorial.


The mini figure ones turned out so cool! They are the exact same size as the lego mini figures!


One tip I have if you are trying this at home is to use clothespins to hold the cans upright in the boiling water bath. Also - you can bend the cans to make a spout. I found that this helped my accuracy in pouring the hot melted crayon! Also - all the dads at the party thought these were super cool!

2 comments:

  1. Love the crayons! Super cool is right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the crayons - super cool is right!

    ReplyDelete