Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Harvesting the Bounty

Well it's that time of year - time to harvest the bounty from the garden. A bumper crop of cucumbers and peppers calls for attention! Pickles, pickled jalapenos and banana peppers are on the menu. I plan to make tomato sauce using zuchinni, onions, tomatos and peppers from the garden. The beets have been harvested and pickled as well.

I found a recipe to make sun dried tomatoes and will try this recipe with my tumbler and juliet tomatoes. I have basil drying in the oven now using the method I used last year.

Unfortunately the beans and peas were decimated by the rabbits this year. Only little stumps left. The carrots have been chewed down and I don't have much hope for them either. Probably enough to make some carrots and dip!

What plans do you have with your garden produce this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment