Saturday, March 28, 2009

Crochet in Progress



I took a break from crochet to post up some pictures of my latest project. (I need to give my hands a little rest!) I saw this crochet bag pattern by Attic24 and loved the colors and the stripe design. I gathered some bright colors and was inspired to make this bag myself. I am using yarn that I picked up at Value Village - a second hand store. I can often find big lots of yarn there for $2-5. I decided to use up some of my yarn stash for this project.

I couldn't figure out why my bag kept getting bigger and not taller...until I realized that I was increasing one more stitch in each row (well after I was supposed to stop increasing!) In all I added about 2 extra inches in width to this bag. Oh well - there's no going back now. I'm just making the correction now and going with the flow. I guess I'll just have a really big beautiful bag to put my knitting/crochet projects in!

No comments:

Post a Comment