Monday, March 16, 2009

Reusable Swiffer Cover




I love my swiffer but always feel a little guilty about throwing out the swiffer cloth when I'm finished with it, I had heard about people making reusable swiffer covers and had wanted to try making one. I found this pattern and tried it out tonight. It took me about 90 minutes to make and it was really easy to crochet. I used Peaches and Cream cotton yarn. This would be a great project to use up left overs of cotton yarn left over from making dishcloths.

I tested it out on my kitchen floor and it picked up the dust and dirt very well. (I decided against putting up a picture of the "after" shot. No one needs to know how dirty my floor is!!!) After I use it I just have to toss it in the washing machine. No waste and no more spending money on swiffer cloths just to throw them away.

I plan to make some more of these. I will make one of these for the first three people to comment on this post.

5 comments:

  1. Hello Red!
    I will be buying a swifter soon b/c of the new house. Everything looks so functional yet trendy. Love the giant tiger bag one too. I enjoy my 'Made by Red' scarf all the time. I hope you can continue to teach me...summertime drinks and knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harry Potter's biggest fan could use one, Im sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got two swiffer covers spoken for. Any request on the color?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Red - why not try making Re-useable Swiffer DUSTING MITTS? Just a thought........

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Red - here's a thought. Why not try making re-useable *Swiffer Dusting Mitts* ???? - Hank
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete