Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Knitting Slippers


I have a pair of knit slippers that I love. I adore them. They fit my feet perfectly and keep my toes toasty warm. They were given to me many years ago by the mother of one of my students. These slippers have a ribbed toe and a fitted heel and they stay on my feet. I have worn a big hole in the bottom of both of them and am now on a quest - the quest for perfect slippers!

I have tried a few patterns and the one I like best was given to me by my mother-in-law. It is a vintage Patons Pattern and it seems to work pretty good. My slippers still slip off of my heels but I may try knitting in some elastic to see if that will hold them in place. I may also try to knit them a little smaller to see if that helps them stay on. If you have any advice, or know a great slipper pattern, I'd love to hear about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment